You might have noticed small images on Snapchat stories if you’ve spent a lot of time browsing them. These images can be either still images or animated GIFs. These are Snapchat stickers. They are a great way for you to add some extra flair to your snaps.
There are many types of stickers, and there are many ways to use them. Snapchat allows you to create your own stickers using any photo that you like.
Snapchat Stickers: Types
Snapchat offers a variety of stickers that you can use in your snaps. After taking a snap, tap the sticker icon in Snapchat. It looks like a square with one corner folded in. You’ll then see the various sticker categories.
The star will be placed on the first page that appears automatically. You’ll find a variety of interactive stickers at the top. The first is Mention which allows you to tag friends on Snapchat. Topic lets you add your snaps to a topic hashtag by attaching the sticker. The location allows you to show your location on stickers.
You can use the Story sticker to direct others to different stories that you have created. The Group option allows you to create a Snapchat group for others. To search for a GIF sticker, you can also choose GIF.
These are the quick options for stickers, such as altitude, Snapcode, time, and degrees. You’ll find a clock just before the star icon. Tap it to view your most recent stickers.
You can also tap the winking face icon to select from a variety of stickers featuring your Bitmoji.
The icon of a face and a plus sign is next. This is Cameos. These stickers attach to different figures by using a photo of you face. Select Create my Cameo, take a photo and create your Cameo stickers.
Selecting the scissor icon will bring up all of the stickers you have made. Continue reading to learn how you can do this. Once you have created a sticker, you can store it here so you can use it on any snap.
The last icon, a smiley face, will take you to Emoji stickers. Here you can attach stickers of any Emoji to your snaps.
You can use the search function at top of the screen if you are unable to find the sticker you desire. You can type in keywords to find the sticker you are looking for and search results will be displayed.
How to add a sticker to your snap
After you have found the right sticker, you can now add it to your snap. These steps will help you make this easy.
- Click on the sticker that you wish to add to your snap.
- It will appear in the middle of the video. You can drag the sticker outward or inward with your two fingers. To move the sticker around, tap and hold it.
- Tap and hold the sticker to remove it. You will see a trashcan icon in the center of your screen. To delete the sticker, drag it onto it.
You can add multiple stickers simultaneously by tapping on the sticker icon again. Then, select another sticker and follow the steps above.
How to Make Your Own Snapchat Stickers
Snapchat offers a cool feature that allows you to create unique photos. You can also make your own Snapchat stickers. You can cut out parts of an image, and save it as a sticker. Once you’re familiar with how this works, you can create any number of stickers you like. Here are the steps.
- You can either take a snap on Snapchat or go to your camera roll. Tap the three dots at the top-right corner and then tap Edit.Tap on the scissor icon to the right of the screen when you are in editing mode.
- Use your finger or a stylus and draw the object that you wish to make into a sticker. Keep your finger on the screen and press down until you cover the object. For a better sticker, make sure to stick your finger inside the object that you are making. Snapchat will also find it easier to create your sticker when your object is placed against a darker background.
- After you have drawn the entire object, release the stylus/finger and the sticker will appear as a smaller version. You can also save it to your made stickers.
- You can use the sticker in the same photo by placing it here. Then, use your snap however desired. You can use the sticker in a different photo by first removing it from the image that you created.
- Tap the sticker icon to the right of the image and create a new one.
- Click on the scissor icon to create your sticker. You can move or resize it as you wish.
Tap on the sticker icon to remove a previously created sticker. Next, go to your newly created stickers. Hold down on the sticker that you wish to delete, then drag it into the trash can at the top-right corner of your screen.
Stickers can be a great way of adding personality to your photos and creating unique photos. You can create your own stickers to make your Snapchat photos stand out.