The Roku Stick is one of the most affordable methods to stream content onto your television, however, it’s not the most convenient device to stream Twitch. Although Roku used to have an official Twitch channel it doesn’t anymore and the unofficial channel is also gone.
If you’d like to stream Twitch on Roku it is necessary to make use of alternatives that aren’t official. We’ve tried a variety of them to discover the ones that are the most effective. Keep in mind that, until the official channels are released for Roku it could be many issues.
How to Watch Twitch on Roku Through Toku
The most effective method currently for the on-device Twitch alternative is to use the non-official Toku application. It’s still in alpha which means there are lots of options that are not available. For instance, you aren’t able to participate in Chat (or even view it or even hear it.) The search feature is also restricted.
It is hoped that, as Twoku grows further, more features will be available. Here’s how to set up Toku for the Roku device.
- Go to https://my.roku.com/account/add.
- Enter Toku in the bar of search, and then select the checkbox to enter the captcha. Then click “Add Channel.
- Choose OK when the warning appears.
- Choose Yes, then add the channel to the following pop-up.
When you’ve completed this step, you’ll locate Twoku in the channel list. Choose it to start Twitch. You’ll be able to view the current streams and search for specific channels, categories, and many more. You can also sign in to your personal Twitch account.
- Click click on the login option on the Roku device.
- On your mobile device or a computer, go to two-web.herokuapp.com.
- Enter the four characters you will see on your screen.
- Check the permissions Twoku requires, then click to authorize at the lower right on the display.
Once you have done this after which your Roku device will be switched back to its main Twitch page. You will then be able to see the channels you are following on the sidebar. You can then choose one of them to stream. You aren’t able to follow new channels via the Twoku channel However, it’s the best alternative for watching Twitch content on your smartphone.
What is the best way to Watch Roku on Twitch by using Screen Mirroring
If you’re not willing to provide a random, non-official application for your Twitch details, there are alternatives. Roku will project the display for devices like iOS devices.
- Launch the Twitch application on your mobile device, and select the channel you wish to stream.
- Scroll down from the top-right of the screen and you will be able to access the Command Center.
- Touch Screen Mirroring and then tap your Roku device.
- If this is the first time making use of Airplay as well as screen mirroring in your Roku and you are required to enter a four-digit code. The code will appear on your TV’s screen.
The option will show the chat you’ve made on your smartphone and allows users to converse with other viewers while you can still watch the stream on your TV’s screen. You can also switch to other channels using your mobile application. It will take a brief pause and it will show up on your TV and then you can disconnect the chat from your phone.
How do I Watch Twitch online on Roku via a web browser?
Roku lets you configure and utilize web browsers with a variety of choices. One of the most simple methods is the mirroring of your display using your notebook computer (or cast from a Windows 10 PC through an application such as Miracast.)
This is a better option for those who don’t own the Twitch app installed on their smartphone (or that don’t enjoy the mobile version of Twitch as it leaves much to be desired when compared to that of the computer version.)
- Choose the Command Center icon on your Mac desktop at the upper-right edge of your screen.
- Select Screen Mirroring.
- Choose your Roku model from the listing of devices that appear.
Anything that is displayed visibly on the Mac screen will be displayed when you turn on the TV. If this is the first connection of the Mac with your Roku and you are asked to enter a code. Once you have entered the code it, you will be able to open Twitch within your browser and get complete access to all the services, without the need to install an intermediary app.
How to Watch Roku on Twitch Through Airplay
One possible method to watch Twitch streaming on Roku is via Airplay. It’s like the process of mirroring your screen and is based on the same principles. If you don’t wish to reflect your screens, you are able to turn on Airplay in the same way.
- Start the Twitch application and select the channel you would like to stream.
- Tap down from the upper-right right-hand corner and you will be able to access Command Center. Command Center.
- Click the Airplay button located in the upper-right corner of the controls for media.
- Click on the device you want to connect to Roku to show the available devices that are compatible.
The video will be shown on your TV, whereas the chat will remain on your mobile. Moving to a different stream will cause a short interruption in the display but it will also display the contents on the screen, and then you can switch off the chat from your phone.
The most straightforward solution is to get Roku to reinstate the official Twitch application There doesn’t seem to be much chance of it happening anytime in the near future. It’s most likely due to Amazon’s ownership over Twitch and their control over a rival streaming device, which is the form of Fire TV.
In the meantime, these options are one of the most effective ways to stream Twitch with the Roku device.