Roku allows you to access some of the most popular streaming platforms worldwide, including Apple TV. It is very easy to do Roku. You can now watch Apple TV content with your Roku device if you don’t own an Apple TV box.
You will need a Roku device to stream Apple TV. It’s as easy as adding the appropriate channel to your Roku device and you can begin streaming.
Step 1 – Check your Roku’s compatibility with Apple TV
Some Roku devices may not work with Apple TV. First, check if your Roku device supports Apple TV.
These steps will help you find your Roku’s model #
- On your Roku, go to Settings > > All About
- Note your Roku’s model name from the Model field on the About screen.
Below is a list of Roku-enabled Apple TV devices. Compare your Roku’s model with these models to see if it is among the supported.
- Roku TV: 7000x C000x 8000x A000x 6000x
- Roku Streambar 9102
- Roku Streambar Pro 9101R2
- Roku Smart Soundbar 9101
- Roku Smart Soundbar 9100
- Roku Express: 3900 and 3930
- Roku Express+ (Plus), 3910, 3931
- Roku Express 4K 3900, 3940
- Roku Express 4K+ Plus (Plus): 3910 and 3941
- Roku HD: 3932
- Roku Streaming Stick 3600, 3800
- Roku Streaming Stick+ Plus (Plus): 3810 and 3811
- Roku Premiere: 3920, 4620
- Roku Premiere+ (Plus): 3921, 4630
- Roku Ultra: 4640, 4660, 4661, 4670, 4800
- Roku Ultra LT: 4662
- Roku 2: 4205 and 4210
- Roku 3: 4200 and 4230
If your Roku’s model numbers match one of these models you can add Apple TV to your Roku.
Step 2 – Add the Apple TV Channel on Roku
You have two options to add the Apple TV channel to your Roku. You can add the channel to your Roku device. Another way is to add it via the Roku website. Both methods will be shown to you.
1. You can add the Apple TV Channel to your Roku Device Itself
You can add Apple TV to your Roku device even if you don’t own a smartphone or computer.
- You can access your Roku’s main interface.
- Scroll down and select Home. Then, choose Add channels.
- Choose Featured in the left-hand menu and then choose Apple TV to the right.
- Select Add channel to the Apple TV screen.
- Wait for Roku’s installation of the Apple TV channel.
- A Channel addedmessagebox will be displayed. To close the box, select OK.
2. Roku website adds the Apple TV Channel
To find and add streaming streams to Roku, you can visit the Roku website. If you already have a computer, this is a great way to go.
- Open a web browser and go to the RokuIf you haven’t already, log in to your account.
- Click on the profile icon in the upper-right corner to choose the Channel store.
- Scroll to the top and select Featured. Next, choose Apple TVfrom the channels list.
- Select Add channel to the Apple TV screen.
- Continue to the next step if you are asked to enter your Roku login details again.
- When a channel is added, the Add channel button will turn grey.
Step 3 – Configure and use Apple TV on Roku
Your Roku device has successfully installed Apple TV. You can now use this new service just like any other channel and enjoy its content.
- Start the new Apple TV channel by choosing Home, then Apple TVfrom Roku’s main interface.
- Select To Start BrowsingOn the Apple TV Screen.
- The Device Analytics page opens. This page will allow you to choose whether or not to send Apple analytics data through your app.
- The main screen of the Apple TV should appear. This is where you can search for and watch your favorite shows.
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner to sign in to Apple’s account. Next, choose Accounts> Log In.
- Select a method of login from the Log InLog in using either your Apple ID login credentials or your phone.
- Apple TV will now show personalized content from your account.
After Apple TV has been added to and configured on your Roku you can begin watching your favorite shows and movies this service offers.
Disable Apple TV from Roku
You can remove Apple TV from your Roku and it will stop you from having access to the streaming service. You can delete the channel but it won’t erase your Apple account.
- Highlight Home in your Roku and then select Apple TV.
- When Apple TVs have been selected, push the asterisk button on Roku’s remote.
- Select Removing channeling the Apple TV
- Select Removing from the Confirm Channel Removal
Apple TV has been removed from your Roku. Follow the steps to add Apple TV again.
This guide should help you access your Apple TV shows via your Roku device. We’d love to hear from you in the comments about what shows are your favorites on this streaming service.