If you’d like to keep in touch with your friends, blocking unwanted calls from telemarketing firms or unknown numbers and certain individuals who are in your contact list could give tranquility. But what happens if you have accidentally blocked a person in the procedure? You want to deblock someone, but you can’t remember how to do it? This guide will walk you through the steps of unblocking numbers for both iOS as well as Android devices.
Unblock a Number on iPhone
If you can remember the contact(s) which you have blocked you are able to unblock them using the Phone application. However, if you don’t remember the contact(s) look up your list of blocked phone numbers within the phone settings menu and unblock them in accordance with the list.
In this article, we’ll demonstrate various ways to unblock contacts on your iPad and iPhone.
1. Unblock a Contact in the Phone App
Start the Phone app, then tap the icon for information next to the number that you would like to remove, then tap to unblock this caller.
If the contact doesn’t appear in the “Recents” section, head to the Contacts tab, then select the contact that you wish to remove (use your search function to find the contact more quickly) and click the option to block this contact.
2. Unblock Contacts via the Settings Menu
This is the most effective method to take if you’d like to see a quick overview of the contacts that are blocked within your iPhone.
- Start your settings app, choose Phone and then select blocked contacts.
- Press Edit in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Tap the icon with minus on the left side of the contact that you want to block and then select to unblock. It will allow you to remove that number(s) and take them from your list of contacts blocked. Click done in order to store the changes.
Addendum: Unmute Unknown Callers
iOS and iPadOS have an automatic feature that redirects calls coming from unregistered or unknown numbers to voicemail. Consider this as an example of a “soft block.” If you don’t receive calls from numbers that you did not block then you’re probably using the “Silence Unknown Caller” feature is most likely active.
Go towards the Settings and then Telephone Settings > Phone Silence unknown callers and turn off Silence Unknown Callers.
Unblock a Number on Android
If you have blocked the number of the Android device and want to reverse the blocking There are several methods to do it.
1. Unblock a Phone by accessing the call log
Contacts or numbers that are blocked in the call log of your phone will show a crossed-out image, i.e., a circle with a line in it. To remove the number or contact you need to tap it, then select Unblock, then tap the “Unblock” icon, and then tap Unblock once more at the prompt for confirmation.
Alternately you can tap the cross-out display image or press on the 3-dot icon and then choose to unblock the numbers.
2. Unblock the number or contact from the Settings Menu
If the blocked caller isn’t on the call log of your phone, go over to dialer’s setting menu to remove the caller.
- Open the Phone application, tap on the 3-dot icon in the upper-right corner and then select Settings..
- Select Block numbers.
- Tap the icon with the x icon to reveal the number which you would like to remove and click Unblock at the prompt.
You must also turn on your “Block call from unidentified callers” option. It will allow you to block calls from calls that aren’t listed in your contact list.
3. Unblock Contacts and Numbers in Google Contacts App. Google Contacts App
If the dialer app natively installed that comes with your Android device doesn’t include the option of viewing the blocked contact list, it is possible to deblock numbers using your Contacts app.
- Launch Contacts, click to open the hamburger menu button at the top left corner, then select Settings.
- Go into”Manage contacts” and then click on the “Manage contacts” section and choose blocked numbers.
- Tap the icon of an X near the number blocked. choose Unblock at the next prompt.
4. Unblock Contacts and Numbers from the Messages App
If you report an SMS or an MMS to be spammed, Android adds the number to its block list for contacts. Here’s how you can check the number that is blocked using the default messaging app and the steps to unblock them:
- Launch the Messages application, click the three-dot icon and then select Spam and Block.
- Select the phone number/contact that you want to block and then click Block at the bottom of the screen.
Unblock Contacts Using Third-Party Apps
If you block a number through third-party caller ID applications and apps, you may not receive texts or calls from the individual, even if their number isn’t in your device’s block list. You can check the contact information on your app or look up the block list of phone numbers from the settings menu of the app and remove the block on the number.
Better yet, you can make the phone app for your system that came with your device the default phone app to use for calls.
Navigate into settings Settings Apps and notification > default apps Then, go to Settings > Apps & notifications the phone application and choose the default Android phone application.
Block and Unblock Numbers as Needed
It is important to note that blocking or unblocking numbers are actions specific to a particular device. Moving the Sim card to a different device is a straightforward and easy way to remove a blocked number.
The process of resetting the iPhone or Android smartphone to its factory settings will also eliminate the contacts block list and remove all blocked numbers. While it’s not ideal, since you’ll lose all your data and settings, it’s a legitimate method of unblocking contacts and we’re throwing it up for educational reasons.
Contact us if you have any suggestions or questions.