You can use the teleport command in Minecraft to move quickly around the map. This is useful when you are working on a new building and don’t want to run back and forth.
This article will show you how to teleport in Minecraft. It also includes how to enable cheats and find the coordinates you want to teleport. You can also teleport whenever you wish to those coordinates. We have divided our guide into sections for PC, console, and mobile so you can learn how to teleport on each platform.
How to Enable Cheats In Minecraft
You must enable cheats in Minecraft to use teleport commands. This will vary depending on the version of Minecraft you are playing. We’ll briefly discuss these options before we show you how to teleport. Remember that cheating means you can’t unlock achievements.
- You can load the world that you want to play in, or create new maps.
- Click Esc to select Open To LAN.
- Toggle to Allow cheats: ON.
- Load the game world you want.
- To open the Pause menu, tap the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings to toggle the Cheats button.
Please note: Cheats can only be activated in the PE edition if the game is yours. You cannot activate cheats or teleport in the trial version.
The Windows 10 Edition and console editions are identical to all other versions. Chats can be activated from either the world edit or world creation screens.
- Choose Play.
- To edit the world you want to play in, click the Edit(pencil icon). Alternatively, select Create New World.
- Scroll down to Cheatsin the world edit screen. Toggle on Activate
Note: For those who are new to Minecraft, have a look at our Beginner’s Guide.
How to Teleport in Minecraft for Mac or PC
The PC version of Minecraft makes it the easiest to teleport. To do so:
- Start Minecraft and load the world that you want to play.
- You must go to the location in the game where you wish to teleport.
- Press F3 to display your coordinates. These coordinates will appear beneath your mini-map as three numbers in a row. These numbers are the x, y, and z coordinates (for example 43 22 181). These are important for teleporting.
- By pressing the ” /” key, you can open the console.
- The command to teleport is “/teleport”. This would be the following: /teleport MinecraftSteve 43 22 181
- To teleport, press and enter.
Note: Players can be teleported to other players by using the command “teleport”. For instance, teleport MinecraftSteve MinecraftBob.
How to Teleport in Minecraft for Console Version
The console version of Minecraft has a slightly different approach to teleporting. This is how you can teleport yourself, or another player, to another player.
- You can open the Chat or Commandsbox simply by pressing the right D button on your controller.
- Click the ” /” button.
- Select Teleport.
- Select Who, Where, and choose the destination you wish to teleport.This command will automatically enter your chatbox.
- Send to.
Teleport to a particular coordinate
- First, enable coordinates.Scroll down to World Options in the map creation screen and choose Show Coordinates.
- Load your globe and go to the place you want to teleport to in the future. Note the coordinates.
- By pressing the right D-pad, you can open the Chat or Commands
- Click the ” /” button.
- The command to teleport is “/teleport”.This would be the following:
/teleport MinecraftSteve 43 22 181
- To enter the command, press X
How to Teleport in Minecraft Pocket Edition
Teleporting with Pocket Edition is easier than using a console. To do so:
- Start Minecraft and choose your world.
- Find Show Coordinatesunder the World Options heading and toggle it on.
- Load your world.
- Now, your coordinates should be displayed at the top-left corner of the screen.These coordinates are the x, y, and z coordinates (for example 43 22 181). These numbers can be found at the location that you wish to teleport.
- Tap the Chaticon once more and then type “/tp” Take this example: /tp MinecraftSteve 43 22 181
- Enter by pressing
Teleporting in Minecraft is easy
You now know how to teleport in Minecraft. Your next project should go much quicker. However, teleporting is not the only advanced method you can use in Minecraft. Get the best tips for improving your game.