Spotify is one of the best apps for listening to music. This app is well known to the general because of its first-in-class audio listening content. You can customize the streaming app in addition to personalizing your playlist, which is a great feature. Additionally, the app offers its users an array of music choices for their listening pleasure, just like creating your soundtrack.
Besides that, there is a social aspect to the app. Spotify’s app allows its users to share their listening activity, as well as find out about other users’ listening habits. Over time, this helps a lot of artists, writers, and Spotify listeners. The feature provides free marketing to aspiring singers by acting as a marketing tool. You will need to know how Spotify works on Windows and Mac to accomplish this task.
On Windows and Mac, how can you share your Spotify listening activity?
You can easily share your listening activities with friends if you’re using the desktop version of Spotify since Spotify works on Mac, Windows, and Linux. You can even make your music if you’re using a laptop or PC.
Follow the steps below to share your Spotify listening activity on a Windows PC or a Mac.
- Simply open Spotify and navigate to the home page once you’ve opened it.
- On the upper right side of the app, click on the down arrow to the right of your profile picture.
- Click on settings after opening the dropdown list. A social tab will appear after you open the settings. Ensure that ‘Share my listing activity on Spotify’ is enabled under the social tab.
- Upon enabling this option, your preferences are automatically saved. From here, you can navigate.
Spotify also offers the option of making your playlist public. To do this, you will have to complete the following steps.
- By clicking the down arrow located to the right of your profile picture, you can open the drop-down menu. Click on settings once the drop-down menu has opened.
- Make sure the ‘make my new playlist’ option is enabled on the social tab.
The app also lets you share your playlists through social media. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- When you have opened the Spotify app, you should go to the home page.
- You can share a playlist by clicking on the name of the playlist once you’ve opened the homepage. You’ll find the playlist option on the left menu.
- The three dots icon will appear to the right of the play button after you click it.
- You can open the dropdown menu by clicking on the three dots. Once the dropdown menu is opened, choose.
- Then select the social media apps you would like to use. That way, you can customize the list according to your tastes.
- The playlist URL can now be copied and pasted into any message or discussion thread. This will automatically direct others to your playlist.
On Android, how can you share Spotify listening activity?
Following these steps will allow you to share your Spotify listening activities with other Android users.
- On your cellular device, open the Spotify app and click the cog icon in the upper right corner.
- Scroll down the menu until you find the social tab. View the settings and make sure the listening activity toggle is enabled.
- Once you’ve made these changes, your changes will be automatically saved.
Public playlists cannot be shared automatically from a mobile phone like they can from the desktop version of the app. You can however share the artists you have listened to simply by clicking on the following button.
- Go to the settings menu and click on the social tab.
- Be sure that the toggle for the recently played artists is on, before closing the window.
The following steps explain how to create playlists through social media, which can still be accessed through your mobile device.
- Visit the home page of Spotify, then select the library option on the left side menu
- In the tab selection, click on the playlist option
- Select the playlist options that you would like to share. It will open the entire playlist selection.
- After clicking the three-dotted icon, a popup menu will appear. Click “Share” to proceed.
- You will have the option of sharing to Facebook and SMS from this screen.
- The links can also be pasted into a message or discussion board.
Furthermore, you can see what songs your friends are listening to right now, in addition to sharing your playlists with them.
Also Check: How to See Who Shared your Instagram Post
Are You Wanting to Know What Your Friends Are Listening to?
It is easy to see what your friends are playing with the help of friend activity. To enable friend activity, follow these steps:
- In the top right corner, click on the drop-down menu and choose Settings.
- You will be able to learn what songs your friends are listening to once you click on show friends’ activities under the display options.
Is there a way to share Spotify listening activity on iOS?
You follow the same procedure regardless of the platform you use to sync playlists and listen to activities. If you have Spotify for iOS and you have Spotify for Android, then you have to follow the same steps.
Spotify has become one of the most popular apps to listen to music on. The social nature of the app, as well as the ability to share music with your followers, makes it more appealing. With proper use, one can make the most of Spotify.