Instagram allows you to share short-lived and interactive content with your followers through Stories. Videos, photos, music polls, quizzes everything you can think of can be shared. You can also share stories from other people with your own. However, in contrast to the reposting of regular posts from your feed Reposting a Story is more complex.
The entire concept of social media is based on sharing. What’s the point when you see a beautiful photo or a hilarious video posted on Instagram Stories without being in a position to report it?
In this video tutorial, you’ll discover the terms that apply to the repost of Stories on Instagram, as well as how to share a Story, regardless of whether it was tagged or not.
NOTE: The methods, techniques, and tools described in this tutorial can be applied to both Android as well as iOS users.
What can you do to show stories You’ve Tagged in
If someone tags you in your Instagram posting, you’ll be notified. email notification on the activity tab. The process is different for Stories. If your followers follow your profile in your Story, Instagram sends the message via your Direct Message (DM) thread to the follower.
You’ll also be able to post your Story (that that you’ve been included within) to the Story within 24 hours. Instagram calls this “@mention Sharing.”
Here’s how it will work:
- If you receive a message that you were mentioned in their Story Open the DM and click on the “Add To Your Storyoption beneath the Story.
- Alternately, start the Story, then click on the “Add this in Your Story” button.
- Continue to embellish the story with text or stickers, filters as well as quizzes, polls, and more.
- Press the “Send to”button once you’re finished editing the story according to your preferences.
- In the end, (re)share the newly created content on your own Story, with Close Friends, or to select followers.
Things to Keep in Mind
- You are only allowed to repost a Story in which you were mentioned or mentioned.
- You can’t reshare the Story via an account that is private unless the privacy settings of the user allow the sharing of Stories.
- Instagram will inform the original poster of the fact that you have reposted their Story.
How to Repost an Instagram Story Even if Not Tagged
You can share anyone’s Instagram content, Reels, and IGTV videos to Your Story regardless of whether you were not named or tagged. Instagram handles Stories differently. Like we said Stories can only be used for @mention sharing. It’s also impossible to share an unrelated Story that you didn’t tag. But there’s a solution.
This is about saving the Story on your device (using an app from a third party) and then republishing the story as your own Story. It’s not easy, but it’s the closest thing you will get to reposting the Story on Instagram even if it’s not tagged. Here’s the process:
- Take note of taking note of the Instagram user name of the individual who posted the Story you’d like to share. In this tutorial, we’ll be reposting Stories from @fcBarcelona on Instagram.
- Go to InstaDPin your browser (works on PC or mobile devices) and navigate into the Stories section.
- Input Instagram’s username (in #1) Instagram username (in the first) and then tap to activate the “search” button.
- Select the account you want to access from the search results.
instead will show the content (photos as well as videos) that were shared by the account within the last 24 hours.
- Click on the button to download the option to save the Story you would like to publish.
- Start Instagram by tapping the camera icon located on the upper-left edge of Instagram. You will be taken to the section called Story.
- Click the rectangular Cardin the lower-left corner, and then select the Story that you have downloaded. Story to download from the gallery.
- In the corners or the side of the Story in order to change the size of it according to your preferences. Move and tap the Story to alter it to the position you prefer. You can also republish the Story in its original size. It’s entirely your choice.
Although it’s not required however we strongly suggest that you tag the poster that was originally used as the source of the information. Use the text tool in the top-right corner, and write in the Instagram user name (remember to include an @ sign) of the poster that was originally used.
- Click the “Send to”button after you’ve finished making changes to the repository.
- Send it to Your Story or to your Close Friends list, and click Do it.
Repost without Limitations
The most important thing to remember is the fact that Instagram Story only supports mentioned sharing. The only way to post the Story to Instagram can be done when the author of the Story includes you as a participant in their Story. To post an unrelated Story that you weren’t part of it’s necessary to be able to download the Story on your device and manually share the Story on Instagram. Story.
This is the only solution, at least for now. If you do not want to use a third-party application in order to preserve the Story You can take a screenshot (for photographs) or a screen recording of the Story (for video). However, the drawback is that you might have to alter the screenshots or recordings to remove elements from the screen such as the battery icon or network signal, notification icons, etc.
We highly recommend InstaDP because it performed better than all of the Instagram Story downloaders that we test. Plus, it’s free. It’s also important to know that you are not able to make use of it to save Instagram stories from private Instagram accounts.