Different from the debit card, but not as common. Steam gift cards offer an excellent method to buy new games for your PC, and you can purchase Steam cards for whatever you want within Steam’s Steam shop. However, instead of using these cards to purchase games, it is necessary to transfer the money on the card to what’s called Steam Wallet. Steam Wallet. The Wallet feature lets you save money in Steam to make use of it in Steam games at any time you want.
Incorporating funds using the gift card into your wallet is different from loading funds directly through debit cards. This article will explain how you can use Steam gift cards to add the funds to the Steam account, as well as also how you can use them to purchase the game you want.
How to redeem the Steam Gift Card
You’ll need to start the Steam application on your computer to redeem the gift card. You can also visit Steam’s Steam webpage at steampowered.com. Once you’ve opened it you can follow the steps below for redeeming Steam Wallet codes and load the money into your wallet.
- Click on your account’s name at the top-right corner and then go to Account Details.
- Under the Purchase and Store HistorySection, choose the option to add the funds you have in your Steam Wallet.
- On the next screen, you will see the right-hand sidebar, which says the name of your account on Steam, and click Redeem the Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code.
- Within the box for text, type in the SteamWallet code which is the code that appears on the back of the gift card. Click Proceed.
- If you’ve not done so before, you’ll have to fill in a mailing address to allow Steam to compute sales tax. After that, click continue.
The money from the gift card will be in your account. You’ll be able to see your balances at all times in the upper-right corner right next to the account’s name.
You can also check your wallet’s funds by clicking on your Steam account’s name, and then clicking View My Account. The funds available will be displayed on the right side of the screen.
How to Utilize the Steam Wallet Funds
Once you have loaded the money into your account, you’ll be capable of using them at your Steam Store. Follow these steps to purchase an online game with the gift card’s digital funds.
- Once you’ve located that Steam game you’d like to play you can select it and select “Add to Cart”. The game will be loaded onto an automatic page that allows you to select the option to buy for yourself or buy as a present. Choose the option you wish to choose.
- The method you pay with will be changed to the Steam Wallet. You can click the Payment Information on the upper right-hand side of the page to return to this page and confirm that the method is chosen by selecting it from the dropdown.
- Then, on the Review and Buy page, tick the box to accept the Steam Subscriber Agreement, then choose to Buy at the top.
The funds needed to play this game(s) can be taken from your account and you will be able to right now play Steam. Steam game. If the cost exceeds the amount you have in your account You can select an alternative payment method, for example, debit card or Paypal to pay for the remaining.
Where Can You Find Steam gift cards or Wallet Codes?
It is possible to find Steam gift cards at a variety of major retail stores. Additionally, you’ll see the wallet code on the card’s back. You can also buy the digital Steam gift card from Steam its website or through a retailer such as Amazon.
Numerous other sites offer Steam Wallet Codes which may be delivered to you via either email or text message. They are redeemable just like physical gift cards, by entering the code into the same location as in the above instructions.
Add a Steam Gift Card from the Other Currency
It is important to note that the Steam store is set to one currency based on the area you live in. Therefore, if you purchase a Steam gift card or wallet code with a different value you may have difficulties transferring your money. Steam has altered the method to redeem gift cards using different currencies to avoid scams using gift cards.
However, if the gift card does make it through and is changed to the currency that your Steam store’s settings allow for. If not, you’ll receive a payment error. If you’re trying to transfer Steam funds using the gift card of a gift card, but it does not match your Steam retailer’s currencies, it’s best to get in touch with Steam support for assistance so that they can assist you with the transfer.
Play new games using the Steam Gift Card Steam Gift Card
Following this guide, you will have some new video games to download which you can play via Steam. Gift cards can be a great gift to receive, particularly for Steam because there are a lot of games to play through Steam. Steam store.
Which games have been downloaded with Steam? What games have you downloaded using your Steam gift card? Tell us about it by leaving a comment.