In no time, you’ll become a viral influencer. With the popularity of the social media platform TikTok increasing, many people are opening accounts. TikTok started with a younger user base but it has since been used by many people of all ages. It might be confusing if you are just starting to use the platform.
TikTok’s main focus is on short videos with music. Although it can be easy to get your videos noticed and interacted with via TikTok, good videos are essential for getting views, likes, and comments.
It is essential to know how to create videos on TikTok. This article will cover the basics of editing and taking a video, and some tips for making your videos stand out.
Recording Video to TikTok
Record the video that you wish to use as soon as possible.
Record the video on TikTok
This can be done in a number of ways. TikTok is the first choice.
- Tap on the plus icon at the bottom of your app.
- The camera will automatically open. If you are opening the camera for the first time, TikTok will ask permission to use your microphone and camera.
- To add music/sound to your recording, tap the Add sound button. Search for and choose the audio you wish to record before you begin.
- Select the duration you wish to record your video, and then click the red record button.
- You’ll find a blue bar at the top of your screen that shows how long you have recorded and how much time you still have in grey.
- To pause the recording, tap the red stop button. TikTok will save your recording until then. You can also press the record button to continue recording.
- To delete the last video clip you have taken, tap the white x icon next to the record button and then tap Discard.
- After you have selected the video you wish to edit, click the red check icon.
Record the video with your Camera App
Another option is to capture video on TikTok’s camera app and then import it into TikTok.
- Tap the plus icon at the top of the navigation bar.
- After the camera has opened, click the red record button to the right and select the icon for an Upload
- Tap on the videos that you wish to add to your TikTok.After you have selected them all, tap Next.
- You can add music to the editing screen by searching for and selecting audio. To change the order of the videos, tap the Adjust Next, tap, hold, and drag the videos to where you want them. To cut, reorient, or delete individual clips, tap the strong>Next/strong> button. When you are done, tap Next.
Next, edit your TikTok. This will allow you to add text, effects, or transitions if desired. The final editing process doesn’t matter how you recorded your video.
Editing Your TikTok Video
Once you have recorded the video for TikTok you will be able to do some editing to make it stand out. You have a number of options to edit your video. It’s important to be familiar with them before you begin the project.
Before you begin editing, ensure that you have assembled your clips exactly the way you want them to be. You will need to go back to the recording stage if you want to make any changes to clips. Your edits will then be lost.
You will see the Effects clock icon at the bottom of your screen. To see all the effects and transitions that you can add to your video, tap on it. These effects can be used:
- Select the effect you wish to create: Transition, Split, Visual, Effects, or Time.
- Navigate through the video timeline until you are at the desired point for the effect.
- Tap and hold the button to activate the effect for as long as you like. TikTok will display the effect in real-time. The timeline can be reopened to allow you to view the effect again and decide if it is what you want.
- Tap on the grey back button located below the video timeline. To remove an effect that you have just added, click the link to the right.
- When finished, tap Save
Text can be an effective way to communicate information. Once you learn how to do it, it’s easy to add text.
- Tap the Text icon at bottom of the screen.
- Select your font, format, and color, then type your text.
- To add the text to your video, tap outside the text. You can then move it around to position it.
- You can tap on the text to Edit again. To place the text in a specific area of your video, tap Set duration.
Filters can be added to your video to give it some style. You have many options and it is easy to use.
- Tap the Filterssymbol at the top right of the screen.
- To change the intensity of the filter, tap on it.
- To apply the filter, tap on the video again. To remove the filter, tap on the filters option and change it to normal.
Upload Your TikTok video
After you have finished creating your video click the Next link to go to the publishing page. You can also add descriptions, hashtags, links, and privacy options.
To save the video, tap Drafts if you don’t wish to upload it immediately. Drafts can be accessed from your TikTok profile page. To see the performance of the video, tap Post