social media can be very addictive. Because people post only “polished” material, the majority of the posts you see aren’t positive or are designed to provoke an emotional response from the user. Instagram users are notoriously vulnerable to this.
A majority of users only post their most memorable moments on Instagram by carefully selecting the most memorable photos and moments that can earn more comments and likes through the app. It’s easy to turn into an online contest for popularity if you are concerned about how many people love and follow your content.
If you’re not among the Instagram celebrities and don’t really care about the metrics, you could utilize a brand new feature to block Instagram-liked posts from your account.
Why hide likes as well as Views from Instagram
Instagram isn’t all about likes and views. It is the norm to post things because you wish to share news or story or your feelings and thoughts with everyone else (or your followers in this instance). What is the point of how many people are enthused by your posts, and then go to your Instagram profile to check them out?
If you’re feeling like these issues are important to you more than what you share on Instagram isn’t a good indicator. It’s probably beneficial for you and your health shut off likings on Instagram to test it out.
How to turn off Likes on a Brand New Instagram Post
You’ve decided to block the number of views and likes you’ve seen on Instagram. This is how you can accomplish this in one post. The steps are the same to use on the two platforms: iOS and Android. You’ll need to utilize the mobile app to disable likes. You can’t accomplish this by using Instagram on your computer.
- Log in to the account on your Instagram account and then create a brand new posting.2.When you’re done making a new post you’ll arrive on the Create caption page. Then, at the bottom of the page, click Advanced settings.
- 3. At the top of the page, switch the Hide views and like counts for the post to switch to on. If you aren’t able to see this feature it’s possible that the Instagram application is out of date. Restart the application and if you’re still unable to have the option of hiding likes, then update Instagram and then restart the app once more.
- Reload the page to create a caption and then finish writing your post. When your post is ready you can click to click the Checkmark symbol located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
When your post is published you’ll be the sole person who will be able to see the number of views and likes for the post in question.
How to hide Likes from old Instagram Posts
Instagram lets you disable likes on posts you’ve made. To block likes from an older post on Instagram, follow the steps below.
- Go to Instagram, then navigate towards an earlier post from your account.
- Choose one of the three vertical dots located in the upper right corner of the blog to launch the menu.
- In the menu choose Hide Like Count.
There will be an acknowledgment message like count that is to be hidden. From that point from now, you’re the sole person who will be able to view the number of likes this post has received.
If you change your mind, are able to unhide the count in the Instagram post. To do this visit this post, click on the menu, then select the option to unhide like count. You’ll receive confirmation messages. Unhide Like Count.
How to turn off Likes on other accounts
In addition to the posts you post, it is possible to can block likes from other’s posts If you don’t wish to be able to view them in your feed on Instagram. Here’s how to disable the likes of other posts.
- Go to Instagram, then go to the profile section.
- Choose one of the Three horizontal lines icons to launch the menu.
- On the main menu choose Settings.
- Then, follow the route to Privacy to Posts and turn on the hide-like and count toggles.
If you later decide you’d like to know the total number of views and likes on other posts it is possible to reverse this. Follow steps 1 to 4 above, but only this time do you turn off the Hide View and Like counts turn off.
Do you need to hide your Likes or Views on Instagram?
Even if you’re not looking to remove Instagram likes It’s worth a test to determine if in absence of those numbers you be more content.
If you disable views and likes on your entire content, however, you’ll have a view count displayed in Instagram Stories. Instagram Stories. So, you’ll be able to determine the difference in your engagement rate or if your posts have been reaching the same amount of Instagram users. You’ll also get notifications when you get a response from someone who likes the Instagram page.