Gmail is reliable for email providers 99 percent of the time. However, it can have its problems. Gmail doesn’t allow you to receive new emails. This is one of the most common problems. This is a major problem if you depend on Gmail for business or personal communication.
You can use these troubleshooting tips and you will soon be able to receive emails again.
If you don’t get new emails from Gmail, check if Gmail has an outage. Gmail can sometimes go down and prevent you from receiving your emails.
Google provides information on the status of its servers via a web page.
Check Gmail’s server status here:
- In your browser, open Gmail’s Status Web Page.
- Look at the icon next to Gmail. If the icon is green, Gmail servers are working fine.
- If the icon turns orange or pink, it means that Gmail’s servers have experienced an outage.
You can’t do anything except wait for Google servers to restart in the event of an outage. These issues are usually fixed quickly by Google.
Use Gmail to access the Web
Outlook to Access Gmail may not be able to deliver new emails to you if your email client isn’t working properly. Follow the steps below to access Gmail’s web interface and check if there are any new messages.
- Go to com.
- login to Your Gmail Account. All your emails should now be visible here.
- Your email client may be the problem if you see emails in Gmail’s web interface but not in your email client. Fix the client, or use a different client to use Gmail.
- You might prefer to fix your email client than switch to a new one.
An a. You can then remove your email account from the client and add it back. This allows the client to reset your email settings and refresh your emails.
Reinstall the email client. This will resolve any issues with the client.
Gmail uses your primary Google Account storage. If you run out of storage space, Gmail may not allow you to receive new emails.
Follow these steps to check the storage of your Gmail.
- Launch comin your web browser. Log in for your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your email and Gmail will show you your storage usage.
- A vertical split in Gmail is indicated by the Gmail storage indicator. It can be found on the right side of the email list.
- To free up storage space on Google Storage, follow our recommendations:
- If you don’t wish to delete any content from your account, you can upgrade your storage plan with Google Google offers a variety of paid storage plans to suit your needs.
- You can delete large emails from Gmail.
- You can delete files in your Google Drive.
View the Spam Folder
Gmail may mark a safe email as spam mail and move it to the spam directory. If you do not find a new mail, please check the spam folder by following these steps.
- Log in to Gmail from your web browser
- Click the Spam link in the left sidebar.
- Look to the right for the email that you have been waiting for, among all the spam emails.
- If you locate it, select and open
- To move the email to your Inbox, select the Report Not SpamThis informs Google that you don’t want spam emails in the future.
View the All Mail Folder
Gmail’s All Mail folder holds all the emails in your account. It’s worth looking in the All Mail folder if you don’t see your email.
- Log in to Gmail via the internet
- In the left sidebar, select the All Mail Folder.
- To expand the All Mail Folder, click More on the left sidebar. You will see more options. Then select All Mail.
- All your Gmail emails can be viewed now.
Gmail’s filters allow you to apply different actions to the emails that you receive. You may find that your inbox is blocked by a filter.
Check your Gmail filters to see if they are causing problems with your incoming email.
- Select the Settings/Gear icon in the top-right corner of Gmail’s web interface.
- Select View all settings
- To see all of your Gmail filters, select the Filters or Blocked Addresses tab in the top bar.
- Each filter should be reviewed to make sure it isn’t performing an unintended act on your incoming email.
- To remove a filter that is not working, click to delete it.
- If necessary, recreate the filter and check if it is working.
Disable email forwarding
Gmail provides email forwarding which allows you to forward inbound emails to a specific email address, and then delete the original. To fix the problem, disable email forwarding.
- Log in to Gmail.
- Click the Settings/Gear Icon in the upper-right corner. Select View all settings.
- Click the Forwarding or POP/IMAPtabs at the top.
- From the Forwarding section, activate the Disable
- Scroll to the bottom and select Save changes.
- This will resolve your problem. You can enable email forwarding by selecting keep Gmail copy in Inbox.
Other Possible Solutions
You may still be unable to receive emails from Gmail. Here are some suggestions:
- Your Gmail account can be accessed from another web browser. This is because your browser might not be properly refreshing Gmail’s content. Switch to Firefox if you are using Chrome.
- If your internet connection is blocking certain content, switch to another internet connection. Switch to a mobile hotspot if your Wi-Fi connection is blocking certain content from Gmail.
These methods should have helped you fix your Gmail account. Use the comments to let us know which one worked for you.