Although the majority of avid gamers prefer a computer or gaming console for playing games, it’s important to remember that the latest Android, as well as iOS devices, also come with amazing gaming capabilities. There’s a reason for that. A number of gaming and PC-only console-only games have made their way onto the Google Play Store and Apple App Store recently.
If you’re one who loves playing games on consoles as well as your smartphones, you’ll be delighted to learn the PS4 controller can be utilized in order to enjoy games using a smartphone. This allows you to play your preferred games on mobile devices because you don’t need to learn new layouts for controlling and you can utilize the default layout of the controller.
Because the PS4 controller utilizes Bluetooth in order to communicate with the PS4 console. You are able to utilize this wireless capability (Bluetooth) for connecting the controller to mobile devices. This guide will cover everything, from connecting to the console to changing the game’s controllers before disconnecting the controller and reconnecting it to the console.
Use a PS4 Controller With An Android Device
The pairing of the PS4 controller to your Android device is very simple. All you have to do is to press two buttons on the controller, then enable the option on your Android device and you’re set to play Android games with the PS4 controller.
It’s not only letting gamers play games but there is also the option of navigating your Android interface with the help of the controller. The control buttons, while they are not always working in the way you would like, there’s a solution for this as well.
First, let’s look into how to connect the two devices to one another:
- Disconnect the PS4 controller from the console. Press and hold your PS as well as the PS buttons for a couple of minutes. Release the buttons as soon as your controller’s light starts to flash white.
- Now your controller will be set to pair with your device.
- If you have an Android-based phone start your settings app and select Bluetooth and device connection. Click on Connect new device in the upper right of the screen to search to find your Bluetooth controller.
- Let your device search to find a PS4 controller. If the controller is listed in the list of devices you can tap it to join it.
- A white LED will stop blinking on the controller. This indicates that your Android device has successfully connected to the controller.
It is possible to use the buttons for navigation located on your controllers to move through the settings on your Android device. I tried it out for a while, trying to navigate to various options within Settings. Settings application which worked as it was a breeze.
Connect a PS4 Controller To An iPhone/iPad
Connecting a PS4 controller to your iPhone or iPad is as simple as pairing it with your Android device. There’s a single prerequisite to the iOS device has to meet.
The iPhone and iPad should be running the most current version of iOS 13 for your device in order to be able to join PlayStation 4 controller. PS4 controller. If you’re not running this version of iOS then it’s time to go to settings > general > software update and ensures that your device is up-to-date with the most recent version.
After you’ve confirmed that the iOS version is upgraded it’s time to connect your device to your PS4 controller. Hold and press your PS buttons and the PS buttons simultaneously and the controller will begin blinking. Navigate into settings > Bluetooth in your phone and tap the controller to join it.
Once you’ve connected, the controller’s light will cease to blink. Now you’re ready to play games or navigate around using your iOS device with the PS4 controller.
Troubleshoot The Lag Issues With The Controller
Sometimes, the connection between the Android device and the controller could be cut off. If it occurs frequently and causes a lot of frustration, you can rectify the problem by installing an application for your device.
There’s an application named Bluetooth Auto Connect available on the Google Play Store that allows you to address a variety of Bluetooth-related issues that can be fixed on your device. There’s an option known as Continuous Connect which ensures that your device remains linked to your control device (or any other Bluetooth device in the same way).
Here’s how you can make use of this app in order to ensure that your devices linked to each and to each
- Open Bluetooth Auto Connect on your device. Bluetooth Auto Connect app on your device when it has been connected to the PS4 controller.
- Click the Advanced Options and then Continuous Connect (Sec). Enter any number between two and ten, and press “OK”.
The app will ensure that your devices are always connected to the internet throughout the day. You can alter the numbers using the app if the present one isn’t working for you.
Remap The Game Controls To Work With The PS4 Controller
If you’ve started playing games with the PS4 controller PS4 controller that you have on the Android device, you’ll notice that some of the game’s controls aren’t optimized for external controllers. This is due to the fact that many of the games don’t have the support for external controllers, at least not yet.
However, you can alter this by using an application. You can use Octopus the key remapper application that allows you to change the function of a key to your gadget. By using this app, it is possible to can alter the game controls to ensure to match the buttons on your PS4 controller.
Download and install the application onto your mobile device. Then add it to your list of games and then begin making adjustments to the game’s controls.
Disconnect The Controller From Your Devices
Once you’re done engaging in games with your device using your PS4 controller, then you may decide to unplug the controller from the console and pair it to your console.
- For your Android or iOS device, click the Bluetooth option from the Settings app. After that, hold and tap the PS4 controller on the device list, and then select disconnect and then forge.
- The controller will then disconnect from all your gadgets and be ready to connect to your console. Connect the controller with the console by using a USB cable, and then press the PS button.