On Twitter, there are two options to identify yourself: by using the Twitter handle or the display name. If you aren’t sure if the Twitter handle (or handle) is a good fit anymore Do not rush to the process of deleting your account and establishing a new one. You can alter your handle on Twitter and also the display name of your account at any time.
If you’re considering the removal of your Twitter user account is a good idea to change your user name before you make the decision. The ability to change your Twitter account’s information can be done by changing your account’s settings. This is how you can do it using both mobile and desktop applications.
Where to Find Your Twitter Display Name and Handle
The Twitter username (also called your user name) can be described as the username you associate with your account on Twitter. It’s the name others use to discover your account and add you to posts and send messages directly to you via Twitter.
To locate how to find your Twitter account, sign in to your Twitter account, then open the profile pages. It is the handle that starts by using the # symbol located under your profile picture.
Another aspect of information about your account that you could be able to alter is the display name. It’s the name you see above the Twitter username. The difference between your handle’s display and Twitter’s is although your display name could be the same as that of other users on Twitter your handle is unique for your account on Twitter. In contrast to your handle, the display name you use on Twitter could be as long as 50 characters.
Why Change Your Twitter Display Name or Handle
You can alter both the display and handle of your account as often as you’d like however, why should you do this initially?
The most obvious cause is that you may not think your username fits any longer. If you’ve had the same Twitter account for a long time you may want to switch your Twitter username to one that is more appropriate.
It’s also suggested to switch your handle on Twitter before you delete your account on Twitter. Particularly if you are convinced that there is the possibility that you’ll change your mind regarding going away from the site. If you’re creating an account new on Twitter it is possible to utilize the same email address as well as the identical Twitter handle.
If you remove the account you have created, Twitter will remove your email and username, which means you can’t use it again later. By changing your current Twitter username on Twitter before you delete your account, it will have the old username accessible for reuse.
Changes to your display name or handle will not affect your Twitter account, which includes your followers, messages, or your responses. Once you’ve updated your display name as well as your username, the new information will show up on your profile page, under your picture.
How to Change Your Display Name on Twitter
You can alter the display name of your account at any point within your account settings. The procedure is different according to the type of device you’re using, whether it’s a web browser or mobile application to make the change.
Change Your Twitter Display Name in Your Web Browser
To change the name that you display on Twitter using your internet browser Follow the steps below.
- Start your Twitter account and sign in to your account.
- In the upper left corner on the display, choose your profile photo to open the profile pages.
- On the page for your profile click your blue Edit profile button.
- Enter your new display name in the box under the heading Name. Your display name doesn’t need to be specific to your profile and may be up to 50 characters in length.
- Choose Save after you’ve completed.
Change Your Twitter Display Name in Mobile App
To change the name you display on Twitter by using the mobile app, follow the steps below.
- Install Twitter’s app from your mobile and sign in to your account.
- Select the menu, then “Profile” (or or your personal profile photo) to access your personal page.
- On the profile page Select Edit your profile.
- Write your brand new display name in the box under name. Similar rules are applicable.
- Once you’re done, click to save.
The change in the name of your profile on Twitter does not change the details of your Twitter handle (or handle). If you’d like to alter both of them, you’ll need to perform it separately.
How to Change Your Twitter Handle
The procedure to change your Twitter handle is simple and easy like changing the display name. You can alter your Twitter handle by using your browser on the web or the app for your smartphone.
Change Your Twitter Handle Using Your Web Browser
To change your Twitter username Twitter within your web browser Follow the steps below.
- Start the Twitter app and log in to your account.
- From the menu that is on the left side, choose Additional > Privacy and settings..
- Follow the route The path will take you to the Account > Account details. Twitter will then require you to verify your password in order to continue.
- Choose Usernameand create in a new handle in the box.
- Select Save after you’re finished.
Change Your Twitter Handle Using the Mobile App
To change your Twitter username Twitter by using the mobile application, follow the instructions below.
- Start the app Twitter on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Select the menu, then Settings and Privacy.
- On the next screen on the next page, click, and select Account.
- Choose Username then type your new handle, not the current handle.
- Choose Done after you’re done.
While your Twitter username must be distinctive, it doesn’t need to be the same as your name. It could be anything you want including a nickname that you used in your school days or even a random collection of characters and numbers.
The most important thing to keep in mind in this regard is that if have verified accounts on Twitter switching your handle could result in losing your verification badge. You’ll be required to complete the verification process once more.
Change Your Twitter Appearance to Suit Your Needs Better
Changing your Twitter username and handle could aid you in making your profile more anonymous. Additionally, it could assist you in making your brand more prominent on Twitter.
If you don’t want to keep those who follow you in darkness, be sure you notify them of the change of your username, as they will not be notified by Twitter regarding your username change.
Have you needed to change either your handle on Twitter or the display name before? What was the motivation behind these changes? Tell us about your Twitter experience in the comment section below.