Minecraft is a game that is about creating and exploring however, it also comes with a complex combat system. Different kinds of enemies and their damage levels can make the game difficult in certain instances, particularly if you don’t know the best method to defeat a specific opponent. Potions can be helpful.
The brewing system that is available in Minecraft allows players to create potions that can help players withstand lava, quickly replenish health and even see through the darkness. Knowing how to make potions in Minecraft can help you win the most difficult combats the game has to give.
Types of Minecraft Potions
There are many kinds of craftable potions available in Minecraft Many of them are only available by cheating. The options available include:
- Potion of Healing: Heals by 4
- The Potion of fire Resistance The potion makes the user invulnerable to lava, fire attack, blaze attacks, and much more
- “Potion for Regeneration” Restores HP every 2.5 seconds
- Potion of Strength Enhances damage to melee by 3.
- Potion of Speed It increases speed by 20 percent
- The Potion for Night Vision It provides a clear vision of all areas, including underwater.
- Potion for Breathing in Water Lets you breathe underwater
- Possession of Leaping The jump height was increased by 0.5 blocks
- Potion for Slow Falls Eliminates fall injury
- A portion of the Turtle Master: Slows the player by 60% and decreases the damage received by 60%
- The Potion for Weakness reduces damage from attacks by 4
- Poison It deals one point of injury per 1.25 seconds
- Possession of Harming Inflicts six points of harm.
- Potion of Instability It slows the player by up to 85%
There’s also a specific potion that isn’t crafted and is only acquired through cheating or the chance of finding the Witch’s Hut cauldron with the potion. It’s a Potent of Decay that causes a Wither impact on a person.
Each of these potions starts with one of the many base Potion kinds:
- An Awkward Drink that is brewed with an item of Nether Wart and water bottles
- Thin Potion made with an ounce of Glowstone Dust and a water bottle
- Common Potion It is brewed with various items and an empty water bottle
- A Potion that is Uncraftable Inaccessible through normal gameplay
How to Brew a Potion in Minecraft
The process of making a potion requires the Brewing Stand and at minimum, a Glass Bottle 1 Blaze Powder as well as a source of water.
How to Craft a Brewing Stand
A Brewing Stand requires a Blaze Rod and three Cobblestone.
- Put your Blaze Rod in the top-middle corner of the Crafting Table.
- Set 3 Cobblestones in a horizontal row across the middle row.
The Brewing Stand will be the very first thing you’ll need to create any potion available in the game. It is also available inside village churches and in the basements of igloos, as well as in end Ships.
How to Craft a Glass Bottle
A glass bottle full of water is required for brewing any kind of drink. It is necessary to have three components of Glass to create an alcoholic bottle.
- Place the first part in the middle-left corner of a Crafting Table.
- Place the second glass piece on the middle-bottom of the grid.
- Place the third piece of glass into the middle right corner of the grid.
This recipe creates Three Glass Bottles. There are also Glass Bottles in chests of loot in drop form from Witches.
The last two ingredients are the Blaze Rod and the water source craftable. Water is required for filling the bottle however, it doesn’t matter if it’s from a cauldron, river, or ocean. There is only one way to get the Blaze Rod that can be to enter the Nether and eliminate the Blaze.
How to Craft a Potion
After you’ve got the Brewing Stand as well as the Water Bottles and the Blaze Rod, you can make your potions.
- Put the Blaze Rod into a crafting grid to make 2 Blaze Powder.
- Put the Blaze Powder in the Brewing Stand.
- Pour the contents of the Water Bottle into the Brewing Stand.
- Put a bit from Nether Wart into the ingredient slot near the very top of the Brewing Stand. The result will be An Awkward Potion.
- While taking off the Awkward Potions Place the next ingredient in the Brewing Stand to create the beverage you prefer. In a matter of minutes, you will get an alcohol-based potion that is based on the ingredient that you have used.
Different ingredients create different potions. The ingredient you mix with the Awkward Potion can result in an entirely different Potion.
How to Make Different Potions
The ingredients you’ll need to make different recipes include:
- Potion of Healing: Glistening Melon
- Potion of Fire Resistance: Magma Cream
- Potion of Regeneration: Ghast Tear
- Potion of Strength: Blaze Powder
- Potion of Swiftness: Sugar
- Potion of Night Vision: Golden Carrot
- Potion of Water Breathing: Pufferfish
- Potion of Leaping: Rabbit’s Foot
- Potion of Slow Falling: Phantom Membrane
- Potion of the Turtle Master: Turtle Shell
- Potion of Weakness: Fermented Spider Eye
- Potion of Poison: Spider Eye
- Potion of Harming: Potion of Healing + Fermented Spider Eye
- Potion of Slowness: Potion of Swiftness + Fermented Spider Eye
How to Improve Minecraft Potions
Most potions last for about three minutes. But, you can extend the duration by eight minutes through the addition of Glowstone as well as Redstone to the already-brewed drink.
If Redstone enhances a potion’s duration of action, Glowstone can produce an enhanced potion lasting for a shorter period. For instance, the Potion of Swiftness brewed with Redstone will last for 8 minutes, whereas a similar one made with Glowstone it will run for about 1:30, but will provide an additional speed boost.
Splash Potions and Lingering Potions
In addition to the usual types of potions, you can drink two different kinds: Splash Potions and Lingering Potions.
The Splash Potion can be described as an object you can throw. A majority of players will encounter them when fighting Witches who frequently make use of these potions as weapons. Splash Potions Splash Potions can be offensive and defensive. For example, you could throw a Splash Potion of Healing that will help your friends heal and also harm undead mobs, such as Skeletons, Zombies, or Wither Skeletons.
You can make a Splash Potion by adding Gunpowder to the Brewing Stand along with a Water Bottle.
The Long-lasting Potionis an alternative to the Splash Potion that leaves the effect after the potion is released. It can be useful in speedily healing yourself or your friends during an argument.
You can make a Lingering Potion using a dragon’s Breath into the Brewing Stand using a Splash Potion.
If you’ve never tried making any potion in Minecraft try giving it a go. The boost to your strength, HP, and speed will provide you with an advantage when combating your foes on the Nether and battles against your enemies, the Wither or the End Dragon.