Widgets function as miniature mobile applications that you can install on your phone, combining usefulness and fashion. They are a valuable complement to your phone’s home screen since they offer quick and easy-to-read information in snapshots.
You can include widgets on your phone’s home screen. You can click on the widgets to open the associated application. For instance, you could include a widget for your Calendar as well as the Calendar application to your screen at home, allowing you to check the weather forecast or view your calendar in one glance without opening the apps.
This guide will show you how to include widgets on the home screen or the lock screens on Android as well as iPhone.
How to Add a Widget on Android
Android devices are pre-loaded with a variety of widgets that you can customize your home screen according to your preferences. These widgets offer conveniences such as prominent notifications, shortcuts to apps, and useful information that is constantly updated during the entire day.
It is possible to alter the size of some widgets to display less or more data based on the information you would like the application to display.
Here are some easy steps you can follow to include widgets to Android and personalize your phone’s home screen.
Add a Widget to Android Home Screen
Certain Android devices have default widgets. It is possible to add new widgets to your Android device however, you’ll need to install the app that matches the widget.
- Hold and tap on any space left in the screen home. then tap the Widgets tab.
- Then, hold and tap the widget you wish to include.
- Select the size of the widget display you prefer, Drag and drop it into the blank space on your screen at home.
Adjust the Widget Size
You can alter your widget’s size so that it is smaller or bigger on your Android smartphone’s screen home.
- Hold and tap the widget until the blue frame appears on the widget.
- Move the box to change your widget to larger or smaller.
- Tap the area around that blue area to record your modifications.
Note Note: Not all devices permit you to modify the size of widgets. Not all widgets can be changed in size.
Adjust Widget Settings
After you’ve added widgets to the home screen of your phone as well as the lock screen you can alter the settings to include additional details, change the background color, or turn on dark mode.
- Hold the widget until the blue area appears in the middle of the widget.
- Then step, click the Widget Settings.
- Change the settings according to your preferences, then tap Save to save the adjustments.
Delete a Widget
It’s simple to remove or erase the widget from your phone’s lock screen, or home screen by following only a couple of steps.
- Hold and tap the widget until you select it.
- Then next, click Remove from Home. The widget will disappear from the home screen of your phone However, if you’d like to bring it back you’ll find it on the Widgets tab.
Learn more about the top Android Home screen widgets that you can utilize to modify and use the functionality of the app on the home screen of your phone.
How to Add Widgets to iPhone
When you open the home screen on your iPhone there are icons for all your applications, with sometimes notifications appearing on the upper right side within the image. But this isn’t the same amount of information as you’d see in the widget.
A widget can be placed alongside your most-used apps on the home screen, and provide information that you might want to know at the glance. Additionally, widgets are available in medium, small, and large sizes, so you can change them to display just a little bit of details.
With the introduction of iOS 14, iPhone users now can customize widgets. You can also alter the appearance of the widget as well as its location.
- Hold and tap a space on the iPhone’s home screen until apps start to jiggle.
- Then, tap next to the Next, tap the (+) button located in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- Select the widget you wish to add to your home screen, then select the size of the widget and press the “Add widget” button.
- Click Done to the upper right of the display.
Add a Widget to Today’s View
Today View is an excellent feature for your iPhone that you can customize to accommodate your shortcuts. It gives you an instant overview of the time, date stock prices, weather, and the next appointment in one glance.
It is possible to add widgets on your screen so that you can keep your most-loved widgets accessible whenever you open your iPhone.
- Just swipe right on the phone’s screen of home to open the Today View.
- Hold and tap an empty spot within the Today View until the apps begin to move then tap on the add button on the lower-left edge of the screen.
- Select a widget, pick the size you would like for your widget and then click to add the widget.
- Press “Done” to make the widget displayed on the home screen of your phone.
Edit a Widget on iPhone
When you upgrade to iOS 14, you can modify and customize widgets for your iPhone’s home screen, based on your preferences.
- Hold and tap the widget to open Quick Actions’ context menu.
- Then step, click edit widget and alter the settings, then tap outside of the widget to close it.
Note It’s possible to place your preferred widgets in places that are more easily found by tapping and pressing each widget for a few seconds until the starts to jiggle before moving the widget around the iPhone’s screen.
Create a Smart Stack
With iOS 14 you can create a Smart Stack and create a collection of widgets to free up space on Today View and your main screen.
Smart Stacks display the right widget according to the date or time, the activity, or even your location. Furthermore to this, they also rotate widgets to display the most relevant data. Smart Stack rotates the widgets automatically, displaying the most pertinent information each day.
- Press and hold an unoccupied space within The Today View as well as on your home screen until apps begin to move.
- Then next, press the Add (+) on the upper left corner of your screen.
- Tap Smart Stack.
- Then, type in the title of your widget that you would like to include in the search box.
- Tap Add Widget.
Note It is also possible to make your stacks of widgets by dropping a widget onto the top of another widget. By using this method you can put as many as ten widgets in the form of a stack of widgets.
Edit a Widget Stack
You can modify the settings of the stack to alter the appearance and order of widgets on a stack.
- Hold and tap the stack of widgets, the next time click edit Stack.
- Click and drag the grid to rearrange the widgets within the stack.
- If you wish for iOS to display relevant widgets throughout the day long, turn on the Intelligent Rotate toggle to turn it on/green.
- To remove widgets in the stack of widgets, just swipe to the left of the widget. Tap the icon on the upper-right edge of the stack after you’ve completed the task to close the app.
Remove a Widget
If you’re not using the widget, read on to delete or remove it from the home screen.
- Hold and tap the widget you wish to take off and then tap to remove the widget.
- Then next, press Next, remove to confirm the action.
To learn more about widgets for iOS check out this guide on how to make use of iPhone widgets to control Weather and many more.
Add Shortcuts to Your Favorite Apps
Widgets are an excellent option to alter the home screen of your phone with elements such as the calendar, search bar, calculator information about weather, and countdown calendar.
Comment below and inform us if have been able to include widgets on your phone’s display by following the steps in this tutor. ial