Promotions are always exciting. When you’re looking to share the news with colleagues or friends online, you will turn to social media. But, in the case of a job offer, you might be inclined to join a particular social network – LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is a well-known social network platform that is popular with business professionals. The emphasis on business is a great platform for information about career opportunities including promotions and job search.
Here’s how you can include an announcement on your LinkedIn profile and inform other users on your network of the promotion.
Green heroes: All about coconuts
Why Show Off Your Promotion on LinkedIn?
Sharing information about your promotion and sharing the news on LinkedIn has a variety of advantages. Here are a few reasons to add information regarding your promotion to the profile of your LinkedIn profile:
Promoting your business can help to keep your LinkedIn resume current.
A professional profile on LinkedIn provides current information regarding your abilities and professional achievements. A lot of people make their LinkedIn profile, but don’t edit it later. This isn’t a good idea particularly if you’re looking to increase the network of your profession or change your job shortly.
You’ll have a better chance of being promoted to a higher position the next time.
When you next make use of LinkedIn to search for an employment opportunity and you’re likely to find that employers give you the same or even a more lucrative job than that on your resume. This is why it’s crucial to highlight your top professional achievements on the profile. LinkedIn profile.
Let your employer know that you are happy working for them.
Contrary to popular belief the fact that you have an active LinkedIn profile does not tell your employer that you’re planning to quit your current job and seeking an opportunity to work. If you do have your own LinkedIn profile that has your current job title it tells your employer that you are enjoying your job.
Posting your promotions on LinkedIn is a method to demonstrate that you’re proud to work with this team, and also that you respect the company’s decision to hire you.
How to Add a Promotion on LinkedIn
If you’ve recently been promoted It’s time to update your LinkedIn profile. This is how you can add it to your LinkedIn profile on your computer.
- Log into LinkedIn on your computer and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile’s homepage. To do this, click your profile photo, either in the upper left or upper-right corner.
- Continue scrolling down to can see if you are in the Experience section. Scroll to the Experience section.
- Within this area, choose in this section the (+) icon located on the left.
- Input the specifics of your new job in the Add Experience screen, which includes your title the type of employment, your company name, location, start date as well as any other information. In this window, you can choose to close your current position at the current moment or not.
- After you’re done, click the Save button.
Your promotion will be included in your LinkedIn profile. The steps are identical whether you’re using LinkedIn using your personal computer through your browser, or via the LinkedIn app for your smartphone.
How to Add a New Job Title on LinkedIn
Another option to add an announcement is to modify your Experience area on your LinkedIn profile, without creating a new position. Simply edit the title of the most recent job you’ve added to your profile. To change the title follow the steps in the following steps.
- Log into LinkedIn and sign in to your account.
- Choose your profile photo to display the profile pages.
- Continue scrolling down to can see if you are in the Experience section. Scroll down until you see the Experience.
- Locate the location you wish to change the name. Select your pencil icon that is on the right side of it.
- On the Edit experience window, clear your previous title and then enter the new title. You can also alter the other information about the new title, including the headline, Description, Start date, and much more.
- Once you’ve finished editing, choose “Save” for confirmation.
The new title you have been given has been saved and is displayed on your account. The steps are the same regardless of which platform you’re working on your computer as well as the version on the web of LinkedIn or the LinkedIn app for your smartphone.
How to Notify People on Your Network About Your Promotion
LinkedIn is focused on networking. This means that your network must be aware of any changes to your professional. If you are adding a promotion to your LinkedIn resume, you’ll be able to ensure that your LinkedIn friends don’t lose this by setting up a specific alert.
If you’d like to tell your contacts on LinkedIn about your new promotion take the steps listed below.
- Log into Your LinkedIn profile and look for the new job that you would like to inform your LinkedIn friends about.
- In the next spot, choose then the pencil icon to modify it.
- At the top of the Edit experience window, look for the Notify Network section. Click to toggle the toggle on the right to turn on notifications.
- Choose Save after you’ve completed.
Now, your connections through LinkedIn are going to receive information about the changes to your employment.
Other Ways to Tell Your LinkedIn Network About Your Promotion
Update your Experience part of your profile may not be all to spread the details of promotions on LinkedIn. One of the first things people see when they go to the page of your LinkedIn account is the highlighted section. It is a great place to make a post to announce your campaign.
There are many different methods to do it:
- Create a quick public post about your campaign that will be posted within your profile. Your contacts will see the post when they browse through their feeds on LinkedIn.
- Make an informative article regarding your announcement, and have the article published on LinkedIn. If you’re a proficient writer, this could be the most effective method to promote your job. It is also possible to include additional information about the new duties and responsibilities in this section.
- Create a hyperlink to another website with your announcement. If your promotion is made public elsewhere it is the fastest and most efficient way to spread the word to people on LinkedIn.
- Additionally, you can include other media files, for instance, images of videos that include information about your promotion.
Time to Tell Everyone About Your Promotion
All that’s left to do now is make sure to add a promotion to LinkedIn to pick the method you prefer to share the details of your promotion with other LinkedIn users, and then keep an eye out for messages of congratulations.
Do you regularly update your LinkedIn profile each when you are promoted or do you prefer to create public posts to inform your contacts about it? Let us know your thoughts on this topic in the comments section below.