It is a frightening sound to hear a mobile phone falling to the floor can be terrifying.
Sometimes, the phone falls in its rear, however, the phone’s protective case prevents it from getting damaged or scratched. Sometimes it can be thrown down face-down and you’re not sure if the screen has been damaged or cracked.
With a screen protector, you’ll be able to avoid the heartache that could result from broken glass faces.
Below is a list of the top screen protectors available for Android and iPhone which will ensure your phone is free of scratches, marks or chips.
What Is a Screen Protector?
Screen protectors are an additional piece of clear polymer film or liquid. It bonds to the phone’s screen and shields it from physical harm. The film is typically made of polyurethane or laminated glass and cut to fit the design of your phone.
If you experience a tumble or fall it’s much easy for a screen protector to be replaced rather than replacing the screen itself. It also helps keep the screen in much better shape over the lifespan of the phone.
Types of Screen Protectors for Android and iPhone
There are four major kinds of screen protectors available:
- Tempered glass Screen protector is simple to stick to the phone’s screen and offers a pleasant feeling to it. Additionally, it’s more durable and more durable than plastic in terms of drop and scratch protection. Also, you can purchase the screen protector with tempered glass in a variety of styles with features such as privacy or anti-glare.
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET): This is a low-cost, light slim and smooth screen protector that gives the most minimal scratch and impact protection. Although the PET protector provides the phone’s screen a fairly smooth and comfortable feel, it’s not the most durable, and it’s slightly stiff, which means it’s not able to be used edge-to-edge with phones with curving screens.
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU): This is a light flexible, flexible material that is used in the majority of plastic screen protectors. TPU is more durable than PET and can be installed edge-to-edge on all phones. But, it’s not as straightforward to install since it requires the use of a spray solution, and it’s almost a rubber texture.
- Liquid Screen Protector It is a screen protector is put to your phone by using the solution before applying a buff to it. The protector is just useful for protecting against scratches. This means that even the most severe scratches are still able to penetrate onto the actual screen of your phone. Furthermore liquid screen protectors won’t safeguard your phone from major impact.
Best Screen Protectors for Android And iPhone
1. Otterbox AlphaGlass
The screen protector is constructed of anti-scratch, anti-shatter glass to provide solid protection.
The protector comes with a microfiber cleaning cloth, squeegee cards as well as a dust-removal sticker and installation instructions. It also works with a variety of Otterbox cases and is made specifically to work with the Google Pixel 4 phones.
2. Spigen AlignMaster Tempered Glass Screen Protector
The main feature of Spigen’s Spigen AlignMaster screen protector is its installer. It helps you to ensure that the protector is aligned correctly throughout the application.
The glass protector is tempered and durable and is compatible with all Spigen phone cases. But, it doesn’t provide privacy or camera security and is designed exclusively compatible with iPhone XR and iPhone 11. It is available that works with iPhone 12 here. iPhone 12 here.
3. ZAGG InvisibleShield Ultra Vision Guard Film
If you’re looking for an easy screen protector to install and easy to install, this ZAGG InvisibleShield intelligent film might be worth looking into. The film is installed using an installation process that is wet and adds the toughness of your screen.
The screen protector comes with an eye-safe protective layer that blocks dangerous blue light and also self-healing nano memory technology, which heals small scratches or dings. The screen protector is ideally suitable for Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ phones and can be used with any case for phones.
4. unique 2 Pack Tempered Glass Privacy Screen Protector
Its unique screen protector doesn’t just protect the screen against scratches and scratches but additionally ensures your privacy due to its tinted design. That means anyone who’s not directly near the screen isn’t in a position to view the display on your phone.
An oleophobic coating is provided to protect your screen from everyday fingerprints and is designed to provide clear, crystal-clear views. In addition, the screen protector includes lens protectors for cameras, which can be attached to the rear snappers to protect the camera from harm.
The biggest drawback of this protective case is that it’s made to work with the iPhone 11 Pro, it’s somewhat more expensive than other alternatives and not everyone will want the security feature.
5. JETech Screen Protector
The JETech screen protector is available in a box of three glass protectors tempered that come with a reference stick and a dust removal stick as well as a cleaning cloth and instructions for installation.
The protector’s high-quality toughness makes it strong enough to withstand scratches. Plus, it’s dust-free, fingerprint-resistant, and inexpensive.
Although the protector is made specifically for iPhone 6/6s/7/8 as well as SE 2020 models, the protector does not completely cover the screen due to the round edges of these phones. Also, it doesn’t include security and camera protection.
6. Skinomi TechSkin
Its Galaxy S20 and S20+ are among the most expensive Samsung flagship smartphones with screens you don’t want damaged or broken. By using this Skinomi TechSkin screen protector, you can keep your Samsung’s display safe from tears or puncturing scratches.
It is made of high-quality military TPU The screen protector is not just elastic, but also declares to be self-healing and is backed by a 100 percent guaranteed replacement guarantee for the life of the product.
There is a second protector available in case you slip up when applying the protector to the phone’s screen. Make sure to allow it time to set prior to using the phone following installation.
7. film Screen Protector for Glass
AmFilm’s screen protector is constructed from tempered glass and made for full-screen edge-to-edge protection to shield you and your OnePlus 7 smartphone’s display from damage.
The protector is simple to put on and is impervious to grease, fingerprints, and other marks. It’s also very robust, scratch-resistant and guarantees full compatibility with touchscreen-sensitive touchscreens.
Unfortunately, the film display protector might not work with some rugged cases.
What to Look for When Picking a Screen Protector for Your Phone
- Protection for greater protection against impact We recommend using screen protectors made from TPU or tempered glass.
- Compatibility Choose an appropriate screen protector with the phone’s shape size, dimensions, and model. Read the description of the product to determine which phone models it will fit before purchasing.
- Functionality Certain screen protector models come with privacy and anti-glare, or a blue light decreasing layer. Others have antimicrobial coatings to help cut down on bacteria spread across screens’ surfaces.
- Installation/Application: Most screen protectors are adhesive on one side so you can stick it directly onto your phone’s display.
Keep Your Phone’s Screen Pristine
The ideal screen protector serves as protection for the most fragile component of your device, keeping it safe from scratches and cracks. If you own an iPhone or iPad, the Gorilla Glass could be tough enough to withstand drops however, you must purchase a robust and durable iPhone cover to shield the back of your phone from other forms of damage like dings shock and water.
We’d like to hear about your experiences using a screen protector. Please share your story via the comment section.