Disney Plus is the upcoming streaming service from Disney that will be serving as the streaming home of Disney’s newly acquired content, including properties like Marvel and Star Wars as well as library content from Disney proper like The Little Mermaid and The Lion King . Here are five reasons why you should be excited about this service, even if you already pay for Netflix or Hulu. (Link to 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Excited About Disney Plus)
1) The Marvel Properties
As a huge Marvel fan, I was incredibly excited when I found out that Disney would be creating their own streaming service. Here are five reasons why you should be too:
- You’ll finally be able to watch all of the Marvel movies in one place.
- The prices for subscriptions and individual rentals will be much cheaper than other services.
- There will be exclusive content that you can’t find anywhere else.
- You’ll be able to relive your childhood by watching all of the classic Disney movies.
- The selection of shows and movies will be constantly expanding, so you’ll never get bored.
2) Original Content
As if we needed another reason to be excited for the holiday season, Disney has just announced that their new streaming service, Disney Plus, will be released on November 12th. Here are 5 reasons why you should be excited for Disney Plus:
- You can finally watch all those classic Disney movies that you grew up with—and introduce them to your own kids.
- There are going to be some great original shows and movies available only on Disney Plus, like The Mandalorian (a Star Wars spin-off) and the live-action remake of Lady and the Tramp.
- Speaking of Star Wars, Disney Plus will have all of the Star Wars movies—including the newer ones that were released after Disney bought Lucasfilm in 2012.
3) Money Saving
Disney plus is a new streaming service set to release in 2019. It will feature content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic. The service will be available on smart TVs, game consoles, and mobile devices for $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. Here are five reasons why you should be excited for Disney Plus 1) it’s coming out soon; 2) there’s more content than Netflix; 3) it won’t replace Netflix; 4) it has less ads than Netflix; 5) the price is lower than other streaming services. Disney Plus will bring something fresh to the entertainment industry that we’ve been waiting for!
4) Streaming Services
Movie theaters are struggling as people would rather stay home and watch a movie on their own time. In response, many studios are now offering their films through streaming services. This not only benefits the consumer by giving them more control over when and how they watch a movie, but it also allows studios to reach a wider audience. And with the recent launch of Disney+, there’s never been a better time to be a streaming service subscriber.
Streaming services like Disney+ offer a ton of perks to its subscribers. Not only can you binge-watch your favorite movies and TV shows, but many allow you to fast forward past ads or even download shows for offline viewing. Streaming is also great for families because it allows parents more control over what their kids watch (though, unfortunately, there are no kid-specific streaming services quite yet).
5) News Coverage
- You can finally watch all those classic Disney movies you grew up with!
- It’s a great alternative to Netflix-and it’s cheaper.
- There are going to be some amazing original shows and movies, like the Mandalorian!
- You can relive your childhood (or introduce your own kids) to all the wonderful world of Disney.
- It’s just good, family fun entertainment.